Some other Aberdeenshire attractions:
- Balmoral Castle – Scottish home of the Royal Family.
- Braemar Gathering – the most famous highland games in the world.
- Crathie Kirk – place of worship for the Royal family.
- Crathes Castle – 16th century turreted tower house on Royal Deeside.
- Craigievar Castle – pink castle said to have inspired Disney’s Cinderella castle.
- Cullen – home of the world famous Cullen Skink , a hearty and delicious soup made from smoked haddock, potatoes, onions and cream.
- Museum of Scottish Lighthouses – full sized lighthouse built in the middle of a castle.
- Peterhead Prison Museum – visit the former HM Convict Prison built in 1888.
- Portsoy Boat Festival – traditional Scottish boat festival with local crafts, food and music.
Crathes Castle and Garden, tours from Aberdeen with Aberdeenshire Tours
Tomnaverie Stone Circle, tours from Aberdeen with Aberdeenshire Tours
Craigievar Castle, tours from Aberdeen with Aberdeenshire Tours
Peterhead Prison Museum, tours from Aberdeen with Aberdeenshire Tours